Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hawaii Mural



Near the finish. Finally the last stages of the composition. Added the last plants and flowers and decided that I would put a green glaze at the botton and a blue glaze at the top. This gave an added richness to the painting. I used gloss acrylic medium with the acrylic colors. Not too much pigment to keep the necessary transparency. I finished with 2 more coats of clear acrylic medium. Since the mural does not receive direct sunlight and is protected by an 8' overhang it should be fine for at least 2 years. Hmm...maybe I should go back in a few years to "check it out" and give it a few more coats. ALOHA!